Posture Fitness and Therapy introduced Nordic Walking because of it's diverse ability to help everyone who wants to get fit, stay fit, enjoy the outside world and feel great!
Nordic Walking is done with special poles that allow you to train up to 90% of your total musculature, by using the upper body as well as the lower. It is also great for people with arthritis, joint problems or back, neck and shoulder. We provide the poles and the expertise and you enjoy the session...
Training sessions are held in the Canterbury, Whitstable and Faversham areas, and we are constantly looking for more people who would like to get active and want to take advantage of our beautiful countryside.
The training includes:
- Learning how to set up the poles correctly.
- The correct walking technique and how to get the most out of your session.
- Warming up; getting the body ready to exercise to prevent injury.
- The session itself will be with a highly qualified trainer that gives lots of different exercises to do on the way round the walk, water stops are always available.
- The cool down; stretching and releasing any tension to prevent stiffness after training, this part is essential and so relaxing!